Opportunity for Buskers & Street Performers
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST TO PERFORM have now closed
For updates on how to apply for next year’s NamJam, keep an eye on the NamJam facebook page at www.facebook.com/NamJamBusking/
It’s FREE for buskers & street performers to be involved in NamJam on Saturday, 1st April 2017. You do not require an individual busking permit to be involved. All ages and levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
There is a great pool of prizes on offer. Plus, as is the norm with busking and street performances, you are welcome to collect tips during your performance and sell your merchandise.
The following prize pool will be allocated by the judging panel:
- Combined prize money totalling $2,000!
- Support gig with a touring act at The Bison Bar, a popular cocktail and live entertainment venue in Nambour.
- Studio time + recording package with ‘ElevenPM Studios’ producer Fin Wegener (valued at $1,000, located at The Old Ambulance Station Nambour).
- Paid performance spot at Kings Beach Tavern + live audio/video recording at winners choice of location courtesy of Band Print (prize must be claimed within 90 days).
- 3 x Band Print promo packs including 20 CDs and 20 A3 band posters (artists to provide audio, assistance with artwork available if required).
- Up to $1,000 of online vouchers for quality street performance equipment.
- 6 x Tickets to Sunshine Coast’s premier music industry conference: TurnUp 2017 (conference held on 19 October at Lind Theatre Nambour).
- + more to be announced.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buskers and street performers usually require a permit to perform in a public area, however the permit and associated fees will be waived for approved applicants for the duration of this event ONLY. If you wish to continue busking on completion of this event, you will need to obtain a permit from Sunshine Coast Council. More information can be found at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/Pay-and-Apply/Events-and-Entertainment/Buskers-and-Street-Performers
Applicants must ensure that their performance does not contain nudity or offensive, derogatory, sexual, racist or generally discriminatory material or inference. Street performances will be primarily of a performing arts nature.
You are responsible for the provision and care of any and all equipment you require for the performance. The Nambour Alliance takes no responsibility for the loss or damage of any equipment required for your performance.
As this is a busking event, you are welcome to collect monetary contributions from the public and have related merchandise for sale during your performance.